Dykeman is a multi-disciplinary firm of architects, interior designers and graphic designers located on the Everett waterfront. We have focused expertise in K-12 educational design and broad experience in other project types including multi-family housing, office, financial institutions, and mixed-use development. Dykeman’s office environment is collaborative with all team members expected to contribute their ideas and expertise during project development. At Dykeman, we design inspiring everyday spaces.
Dykeman is currently seeking applicants for the following position:
Interior Designer with 3-5 years’ experience in the design and documentation of commercial, living, and learning environments who is passionate about creating dynamic interior spaces and enjoys working collaboratively with clients and other staff. The ideal candidate will have strong graphic and verbal communication skills, an aptitude for color and material selection, an understanding of the furniture selection and specification process, and sound space planning skills.
- Bachelor of Arts in Interior Design or Interior Architecture, or equivalent 4-year degree from a CIDA accredited program
- Revit experience preferred
- Experience using 3-D and graphic software design tools, specifically Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong conceptual design skills, including color and material selection and space planning
- Motivated self-starter
- Comfortable working in a team environment as well as independently
- Familiarity with ADA and IBC codes
- Support architectural team on interior design components of larger projects.
- Develop design concepts, construction drawings, and specifications for independent interior design projects, including commercial tenant improvements.
- Meet with and present design concepts to clients.
- Manage project from conceptual design through contract administration.
- Competitive salary
- Full medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- 401 (k) plan with employer contributing 3% of annual salary
- Paid time off including vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Free parking
- In-house continuing education
- Dues paid for professional organizations